Back to All Vacancies
Voice UC Engineer
Computime Technology are a member of the Computime group – a company set up in 1979 – and an established and respected provider of IT security, infrastructure and managed hybrid cloud solutions to several companies in Malta and overseas.
Working in close partnership with world-leading technology providers, we have been awarded the highest level of accreditation from global giants like HPE, Microsoft, Cisco, Check Point, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, Onespan and Forcepoint
We value innovation and encourage creativity and collaboration. We employ a high-performance culture, challenging the brightest thinkers to execute their ideas and push themselves to the next level. We promote an energetic and inclusive work environment where individuals with the right aptitude and attitude excel and grow professionally to fulfil and exceed their potential.
We are currently looking for Unified Communications (UC) Engineer to join our team of professional Network Engineers. The overall objective of this role is to design, develop, install, configure and provide support on CISCO/3CX unified communications hardware and software at client sites.
Daily responsibilities will include the following:
- Understand customer business requirements and translate them into technical requirements working with senior IT leaders
- Provide technology consulting working in partnership with sales for major account opportunities
- Keep up to date on relevant competitive technologies and products, particularly in the Unified Communications discipline
- Lead internal company initiatives as well as mentorship for entry level engineers
- Design, develop, install, configure and support Cisco unified communications hardware and software at client sites
- Perform UC installations and configurations
- Identify routine problems, errors, misconfigurations, etc.
- Advise clients of status and proposed problem resolutions and make recommendations for corrective course of action
- Install and use management tools and agents remotely to monitor and troubleshoot voice and data networks
- Produce quality technical documentation for complex solution
Experience and qualifications required:
- A Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Telecommunication Networks or related fields
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an engineer working with Cisco routing/switching; network security protocols, data centre support, virtualization systems and troubleshooting
- Certification in CCNA Voice/Collaboration
- Holding a CCNP Voice/UC certification will be considered for a Senior Engineering role.
What we offer
- A competitive base salary and annual performance bonus
- Ongoing product/technology training
- A fun, flexible, multicultural and diverse working environment
- Health Insurance benefits